We have a number of volunteering opportunities, from homeless meals to Foodshare to the sandwich run. If you have special expertise or skills that can help our guests, we would love to hear from you. If you want to volunteer for any role, please either:
- On Wednesday evenings, Thursday mornings and Saturday mornings, we pack bags of food. On Wednesday and Saturday, we also hand out bags and serve tea and coffee to people who are in need of support, including people who are homeless. There are several roles, including packing bags, serving teas and coffees, and delivering bags
- On Friday mornings, we collect food donations from supermarkets and other place.
- On Thursday evenings, we provide a three course meal between 6:00-8:30pm. There are three roles : cooking, assisting the cooks (eg. washing up) and serving food/befriending guests.
- On Monday and Friday evenings, we provide soup and sandwiches between 6:15-7:30pm. This involves making sandwiches, making teas/coffees and serving them out.
- During school holidays, we cook lunch twice a week to families who, during term time, have access to free school meals.
- We support the Brett Foundation to provide shelter for people who are homeless, and for whom the Council do not provide accommodation. For contact and other details, visit thebrettfoundation.org.uk