Vegetable Chow Mein
Serves 40 (Uploaded : 17/10/10. First cooked : tba)
8 garlic cloves
1 inch ginger
1 bottle oyster sauce
1 bottle light soy sauce
2 red peppers
2 green peppers
8 spring onions
1 bag beansprouts
5 packets egg noodles
2 packets mange tout
2 packets fine green beans
1. Chop spring onions, ginger, red/green peppers and garlic.
2. Flash Fry in sunflower oil (very hot) until soft (about 3 minutes if oil hot enough).
3. Add splash of oyster sauce and soy sauce until coated and there is colour in the food (roughly 1/4 of each bottle).
4. Add bean sprouts, mange tout and green beans. Add seasoning. Fry to coat with sauce, for flavour, but remove from heat whilst still crunchy.
5. In separate pan, boil egg noodles in water, until soft (2-3 minutes once water has boiled). Strain and add to vegetables.